The Department of animal husbandry carries out research work in the field of breeding, livestock technology and information support of livestock industries. Provides consulting and consulting services in the field of dairy and beef cattle. Provides scientific and methodological and practical assistance to agricultural producers of all forms, engaged in breeding, maintenance, feeding and reproduction of dairy and beef cattle (artificial insemination, embryo transplantation, pregnancy diagnosis and treatment of reproductive function), including the problems of genetics and breeding
Project: Applied research in the field of agriculture for 2018-2020 under the budget program 267 "Increasing the availability of knowledge and research" subprogram 101 "program-targeted funding of research and activities" on the specifics of 156 " Payment for consulting services and research»
Branch within this program performs scientific support of agricultural commodity producers (ACP) participating in program-targeted financing. On the basis of the selected farms –”Model farms” (MF) will be conducted scientific support by industry experts in the field of technology of production of animal products and veterinary of cattle (cattle). Within the framework of the MF program, provision of medicines, synchronization of sexual hunting of cows, feed additives, software for accounting of livestock of cattle, as well as for forage, seeds of perennial and annual herbs are provided free of charge. We have attracted domestic and foreign experts in the field of veterinary medicine, technology of production of animal products, feeding, maintenance, management and economy.
The dairy farm (DF) is selected according to the following criteria:
- Necessary condition for participation in this program: participation in the program “Sybaga”, in the agricultural credit Corporation (ACC) and in the Fund of financial support
- MF beef productivity from 50 head 300, MF dairy productivity from 100 heads not exceeding 300;
- Distance from cities of national importance up to 50 km or from regional centers up to 30 km or from the highway of national importance up to 20 km;
- Availability of engineering infrastructure;
- Copy of the owner’s identity card;
- A copy of the certificate of state registration of FARM, LLP;
- A copy of the document on the right of ownership of the land for the use of agricultural land and pastures;
- A copy of the document (certificate) on the availability of an account number on the object;
- Certificate from the system of identification of an agricultural animal on the presence of livestock of meat and dairy cattle with the provision of a list with the identification number of the animal (INA), as well as confirmation of well-being on the anti-epidemic situation in the region.
For 2018-2020 for the creation of MF were selected based on beef cattle breeding: farm “Baike”, Karaganda region, Bukhar-Zhyrau district, Stalinski, S. Kurylys; farm”Sivka-burka”, Akmola region, Tselinograd district, s/o Koschinski, S. Titube. In dairy cattle breeding: farm “Conviser” Pavlodar region, Pavlodar. Farm “Hamza” in Akmola region, Ereimentau district, S. Novomarkovka.
During 2018 in model farms of the meat direction the following actions were carried out:
- the current economic efficiency of farms is determined;
- the Botanical composition was studied and the autumn yield of pastures was determined;
- schemes of pasture turnover and improvement of pastures, purchase of seeds of perennial grasses are made;
- the diet of feeding of various sex and age groups of animals with inclusion of various feed additives is made;
- equipment was purchased (latching machines, weighing system, solar power plants, electric fence for pastures, auto-waterers).
- veterinary recommendations issued:
- treatment and prevention of obstetric and gynecological diseases of cattle;
- according to the scheme of deworming and treatment of animals, in order to raise the immunological status of complex drugs;
- for the treatment and prevention of non-communicable diseases of cattle (associated with the musculoskeletal system, gastrointestinal tract, respiratory diseases, etc.).)
During 2018, the following activities were carried out in the model dairy farms:
- The microclimate in the premises was studied;
- Conducted marketing monitoring (systematic collection, display and analysis of data);
- The diet of dairy cattle feeding of all age and sex groups was studied;
- Milk and feed samples were taken for chemical analysis;
- The balanced diet of feeding is made.
Monitoring carried out:
- technologies of keeping calves in the milk period;
- available equipment for electricity and water supply;
- availability of equipment for weighing and identification of livestock;
- manure removal systems;
- herd management systems.
Recommendations on veterinary measures are presented:
- the basic provisions for the care of the udder and the organization of machine milking of animals are introduced;
- prevention and treatment of obstetric and gynecological diseases of cows;
- according to the scheme of deworming and treatment of animals with complex drugs;
- prevention and treatment of non-communicable diseases of cattle associated with the musculoskeletal system, gastrointestinal tract, respiratory diseases, etc.
Also, within the framework of economic and contractual relations, the Branch provides services:
- on introduction of modern systems of the organization and management of economy;
- prevention, diagnosis and treatment of gynecological, infectious, non-communicable diseases of cattle;
- on introduction of technologies of preparation of forages, drawing up of the balanced diets taking into account sex and age groups and features of raw material base of economy with inclusion in diets of mineral and vitamin additives and premixes.
Branch "RESEARCH AND INNOVATION CENTER OF ANIMAL HUSBANDRY"
LLP "Kazakh research Institute of animal husbandry and feed production»
provides services to agricultural producers of meat and dairy cattle breeding.
The service is provided for management, veterinary medicine, feeding and economic calculation.
- Index evaluation of beef cattle;
- Determination of in vivo meat quality using ultrasonography;
- Evaluation of the quality of freshly obtained sperm of breeding bulls manufacturers;
- Scientific support of selection and breeding work;
- Linear assessment of the exterior of Holstein and black-and-white Holstein cows;
- Artificial insemination and transplantation of cattle embryos;
- Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of gynecological diseases of uterine cattle (cattle) (metritis, subinvalution of the uterus, inflammation of the oviducts, etc.).);
- Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases of cattle (brucellosis, anthrax, nodular dermatitis, actinomycosis, etc.).);
- Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of noncontagious diseases of cattle (traumatic reticuloperitonitis, diseases of the hooves, timpani scar, mastitis, maternity cuts, etc.);
- Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of invasive diseases of cattle (helminthiasis, nematodosis, trematodosis, cestodosis, etc.);
- Detection of pregnancy and gynecological examination using the ultrasound device;
- The ration formulation for cattle, given the Mature groups features of the resource base and capabilities of the client.
Carries out preparation of economic calculation:
- Project summary;
- Market analysis, choice of activity specialization;
- Investment plan;
- Product sales strategy and income calculation;
- Production strategy and calculation of current expenses;
- Financial plan;
- Business risk analysis;
- Total performance.
Material and technical equipment. Researches.
Mobile laboratory (Embryomobile)
Mobile laboratory Embryomobile based on the VW Transporter T5 2010. Vehicle with full metal body and a high ceiling with special insulation. The vehicle consists of three compartments, a driver’s cabin with mezzanines for storing documents and a body of two compartments: a laboratory, a cargo compartment with a separating partition.
Laboratory equipment: Desk and chairs for placement and work on technical equipment. Built-in cabinets for storage of laboratory tools and consumables. Provision of each workplace outlets and to connect the charger and equipment.
Technical equipment: microscope (with magnification from 8 to 40x), climate pharmacy, embryo freezer, 2 Dewar vessels with a capacity of 6 liters, straightener for instruments, Payet defroster with power supply unit 12V, ultrasanograph with nozzles for pregnancy diagnosis, as well as a set of laboratory tools for embryo washout and a set of laboratory tools for embryo transplantation.
Transplantation of cattle embryos
Frozen-thawed embryo donor cattle
PPP №0478619 at the stage of morula
20 hours after defrosting.
Embryo development from the morula stage to the early blastocyst is observed.
The cardinal solution to the problem of accelerated livestock reproduction is to move to non-traditional ways of increasing fertility. To do this, a number of biotechnical methods are used, developed on the basis of in-depth studies of reproductive function, its regulation, as well as to improve the methods of manipulation with embryos, sexual and somatic cells. In the future, biotechnology is considered as the basis for accelerated reproduction of highly productive animals and entire populations.
Recently, embryo transplantation has gained practical importance, which is considered as an effective method of biotechnology of accelerated reproduction of high-value breeding animals.
Embryo transplantation is an excellent method to improve the number of cattle. The export and import of embryos requires much less labor and costs than the care of the steel heifers of valuable breeds.
Given the need to increase the number of breeding animals in a short time, farms are interested in increasing the demand for this type of biotechnology.
Further implementation of embryo transplantation will increase the number of breeding animals with high productivity, both in dairy and beef cattle.
According to the draft subsidy rules for 2019, embryo transplantation is subsidized in the amount of 80 000 Tg. for the embryo.
Currently, the Branch “Scientific and innovation center of animal husbandry” has a mobile laboratory on the basis of Volkswagen (embryomobile), the laboratory is equipped with the necessary equipment, tools for work on embryo transplantation.
And also in the Branch there are highly qualified specialists who are members of the Association of embryo transplantation of the Commonwealth countries, as well as trained and advanced training abroad in the industry:
- Slovenske Biologicke Sluzby a.s “Genetics for Kazakhstan” to artificial insemination of cattle and ultrasonography;
- training center “Haus Dusse” and “Rinder-Union-West” “embryo leaching and transplantation in cattle breeding”. The Federal Republic of Germany of North Rhine-Westphalia, the city of Old;
- training center “Haus Dusse”, “Rinder-Union-West”, “Zimmermann” — “Rules of operation and maintenance of mobile laboratories for embryo transplantation” and “in vitro”. Federal Republic of Germany, North Rhine-Westphalia, Oeld. , Institut fur Nutztriergenetik Mariensec. Ultraschall geleiteten Follikelaspiration und den dazugehorenden IVF Kenntnisse;
- US program Cochran-2014, “Genetics of cattle»;
- training on “embryo transfer in cattle” FSBEI “Orenburg state agrarian University»;
- advanced training on “cattle embryo Transplantation” USA University “Trans Ova”.
To date, the Cryobank of the Branch stores embryos obtained from donor cows of meat and milk production, selected for the necessary zootechnical and veterinary requirements.
The life capacity of embryos is confirmed in the laboratories of the NCB (national center for biotechnology).
Among the priority areas of reproduction is relevant biotechnology, which is considered as the basis for accelerated reproduction of highly productive animals and entire populations. Recently, embryo transplantation has gained practical importance, which is considered as an effective method of biotechnology of accelerated reproduction of high-value breeding animals. Embryo transplantation is a progressive method of improving the pedigree and productive qualities of animals, allowing to obtain offspring with improved genetic properties, significantly increasing the number of high-value cattle. Thanks to the transplantation of embryos taken from a cow of genetic value, it is possible to obtain a large number of descendants with the same genetic data. Embryo transplantation is an excellent method to improve the number of cattle.
Embryo transplantation in our country in recent years with the development of animal husbandry and the adoption of the State Program “Development of export potential of cattle meat” has received a new development. According to the approved rules of subsidizing the development of livestock breeding, increasing the productivity and quality of livestock products, the standard of embryo subsidies is 80 000 tenge per head of a calf obtained as a result of successful embryo transplantation.
Currently, the branch “Scientific and innovative center of animal husbandry” has the necessary equipment, specialists to provide services to the subjects of agriculture for embryo transplantation. To date, the Cryobank Of the branch of the Niczhiv stores 1835 embryos obtained from donor cows of meat (Hereford breed, Auliekol breed, Kazakh white-headed breed) and milk production areas(Holstein black-and-white breed, Holstein red-and-white breed, Simmental breed ) , selected for the necessary zootechnical and veterinary requirements. By clicking on this link you will find a wide selection of embryos on various parameters of productivity, taking into account genetic characteristics.
With the help of embryonic transplantation, it is possible to reduce the cost of dairy farms in the country, increase their profits and scale up the business. Some farmers bring cattle from abroad. But this is complicated by the fact that animals are stressed during transportation, they must undergo acclimatization, quarantine measures, get used to local conditions. Of course, when transporting animals are insured, but nevertheless, imported animals do not realize their full potential performance. In addition, due to the increase in the exchange rate of the dollar and the Euro, the cost of imported animals in the tenge equivalent increases, so buying a herd with good genetics is very expensive. Moreover, imported cattle with equivalent genetics will cost the farmer much more than heifers.
In this regard, in Kazakhstan it is necessary to introduce more advanced technology of transplantation, transplantation of embryos of dairy cattle to accelerate the process of appearance of dairy cows.
You can learn more about the embryo Bank and the cost of transplantation on our website
Gynecological examination of cows and heifers - diagnosis by ultrasonography (ultrasound)
Ultrasound diagnostics with the help of veterinary ultrasound scanner allows you to make more accurate diagnoses at an earlier stage than the traditional manual palpation.With the help of ultrasound diagnostics, the embryo can be seen on average a month after successful insemination, in addition, scanners help to detect gynecological problems and diseases. For example, to determine the residual yellow body, which prevents ovulation of the follicles (the output of the egg). With the growth of productivity of cows will inevitably manifest problems with reproduction. Ultrasound examination of the genitals of cows and heifers does not require special training of the female.
Analysis of sperm quality in bulls/sheep-producers
Determination of the quality of the manufacturer are the results of sperm studies. Determining the quality of sperm production is necessary to assess the quality of the sperm manufacturer, the suitability of each ejaculate obtained for insemination.
Determination of the quality of sperm can quickly, within 10-30 minutes to determine the quality and quantity of sperm obtained in the ejaculate.
The advantages of this service is that, sperm quality assessment is carried out on the basis of mobile laboratories that allows you to evaluate sperm production in the field. To obtain freshly obtained sperm of breeding bulls and its subsequent study, an electric ejaculator is used, which is designed for seed selection in the field.The electric ejaculator is the effect of a pulsating electric current on the nerve endings located near the genital organs of the male, normally associated with the reflexes of erection and ejaculation. This is achieved by entering the electric ejaculate into the rectum of the breeding bull, cleared of faeces to a depth of 20-25 cm.
Tests bulls on their own productivity.
The purpose of evaluation of bulls on their own productivity, improving the gene pool and providing business entities with highly productive bulls for use in free mating in beef cattle or for subsequent evaluation of the quality of the offspring.
During the testing of bulls, the following indicators are taken into account:
- dynamics of live weight from 8 to 15 months of age;
- average daily increase from 8 to 15 months of age;
- meat forms at the age of 15 months;
- feed costs per 1 kg of growth from 8 to 15 months of age;
- in vivo evaluation of meat quality using ultrasound;
- circumference of the scrotum.